February 20, 2019
Accounting Software – which one is right for me? Ask Christine.
The days of doing bookwork by spreadsheet or keeping receipts and just handing them in are behind us. Technological advances have provided businesses with a variety of programs that can make your record-keeping and bookkeeping a simple process. You can choose from a variety, including Xero, MYOB, QuickBooks, Reckon and Sage.
So why use online accounting software programmes?
1. Security: it’s a top priority for software companies to store your data safely online
2. Payroll: time effective and creates reports and files that can be uploaded to the bank
3. User-friendly: generally easy to learn and use in day-to-day operations
4. Productivity: efficient and effective processes that lead to higher productivity
5. Access: able to give bookkeepers and accountants access so they can keep the files up to date and accurate
6. Compliance: the ATO is aware of what these programs offer and there is a link between the two, so reporting your obligations (STP, PAYG, BAS) is only a click away
It’s important to look at what the software package offers because cheaper deals don’t always mean suitability. It can cost more to convert to a better software down the track, so it’s best to check with you bookkeeper/accountant to make sure the one you choose suits what you require.