November 30, 2018
Combining the showmanship of the Harry Houdini era with contemporary stunts, visual effects and cutting-edge technology, The Illusionists: Direct From Broadway is an unmissable summer experience for the whole family.
The Illusionists has shattered box office records across the globe and dazzled audiences of all ages with a powerful mix of the most outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on stage. In 2019, The Illusionists: Direct From Broadway will continue to redefine magic and challenge audience expectations with large-scale stunts, levitation, mindreading, disappearance and daredevilry.
Be transported by the magic and suspense of The Illusionists following successful presentations at QPAC in 2013, 2014 and 2015. This dynamic new show features world leading talent, including an illusionist who hails from Brisbane (The Warrior), and promises a captivating live theatre experience this summer.
This non-stop show is thrilling and sophisticated magic at its best, led by seven of the world’s most talented magicians and artists:
- The Trickster, aka Paul Dabek, reveals exactly what’s up his sleeve and delves into his box of tricks while cheekily enchanting the audience with jaw-dropping hilarity.
- The Mentalist, aka Chris Cox, is a multi-award-winning mind manipulator whose mischievous sense of magic and wonder has been seen by over 300,000 people internationally.
- Leonardo Bruno, known as The Alchemist, was born into magic as his grandfather was one of the most important magicians in Mexico and Latin America. Daring and unique in style, he will leave audiences captivated and surprised.
- The Showman, aka Mark Kalin, has been one of the most influential magicians of the last decade, bringing his distinctive, amazing large-scale illusions to stages across the world.
- The Conjuress, aka Jinger Leigh, is a modern sorceress with a unique blend of elegance and theatricality, which has redefined the role of the magician.
- French-born Florian Sainvet, known as The Manipulator, discovered his calling as a futuristic manipulator and illusionist through his love for science fiction films at his local cinema.
- Brisbane-born Robyn Sharpe, aka The Warrior; an ex-gymnast whose thrilling crossbow act has been described as, “One of the most dynamic and dazzling danger displays in the world”.
The Illusionists now tours around the world 365 days a year across the United States, South America, South Africa, the Middle East and Europe, dazzling audiences of all ages. The new show, Direct From Broadway, is a fantastic opportunity for families to enjoy the very best magic and illusion acts from around the world.
When: From 9 January, 2019
Where: QPAC Concert Hall
Bookings: qpac.com.au or 136 246
Movie: The Kid Who Would Be King
Kids rule in The Kid Who Would Be King, a family action/fantasy adventure that combines ancient legends and modern life to create a thrillingly unique story of friendship and courage.
Alex is a 12-year-old British schoolboy whose everyday problems are dwarfed by his discovery of the mythical sword Excalibur. Now, with the most powerful sword in history in the hands of the most powerless schoolboy in Britain, an epic adventure begins as Alex and his friends must thwart a medieval villain named Morgana, who is hell-bent on destroying the world. Old school magic meets the modern world in this epic adventure film, perfect for school holiday entertainment.
STARRING: Rebecca Ferguson, Tom Taylor, Patrick Stewart
DIRECTOR: Joe Cornish
To celebrate the release of The Kid Who Would Be King on 17 January we have tickets to give away. Make sure you’re following Profile Magazine on Facebook and keep your eyes on our page to go into the draw to win a double pass.