August 1, 2016
The making of Maroochydore
Maroochydore is fast-tracked to become a business, community and employment hub, renewing the region by supporting economic development, providing much needed infrastructure and creating a new central business district for the Coast.
The Maroochydore City Centre represents a rare opportunity to establish a new capital city for the Sunshine Coast.
The Maroochydore City Centre Priority Development Area (PDA) will be the business, community services and employment focus for the region, with a diverse range of medium and high density housing and an efficient and effective multi-modal public transport system.
- a city heart in Maroochydore
- fully approved and serviced land for commercial, retail, residential, civic, cultural and community uses
- publically accessible waterways
- rail-based public transport via CAMCOS and possibly future light rail
- a multi-modal public transport system
- a new road network to provide additional capacity to the existing road network within Maroochydore
- interconnected public open space
- a central Sunshine Coast location for regional arts and entertainment.
The PDA is around 60 hectares, covering Sunshine Coast Council-owned land including the Horton Park Golf Club site and State Government-owned land in Dalton Drive, Maroochydore.
Predominant age group: 25-34 years
To buy a house: $537,500
To rent a house: $450 per week
To buy a unit: $355,000
To rent a unit: $350 per week
Childless couples: 35.4%
Lone households: 20.4%
Couples with children: 19.7%
Single parents: 8.4%
Group households: 8.2%
Owns outright: 31.6%
Information sourced from: www.realestate.com.au and RP Data