July 31, 2017
THE STYLE EDIT – THE RISE OF ATHLEISURE
Athleisure: casual, comfortable clothing designed to be suitable for both exercise and everyday wear. Here are a few rules to nail the athleisure-wearing look.
Take your sportswear to the street by adding a loose-fitting jumper or bomber jacket.
Best foot forward
Comfort is key when choosing a pair of sneakers and it’s worthwhile to splurge and buy a pair that will look chic and last a few seasons. A sneaker-alternative is a sports slide or the classic tennis shoe.
- Mesh Insert Active Cap, RRP $39.95. witchery.com.au
- Nude Lucy, Zeke Cropped Hoodie, RRP $69.95. myer.com.au
- Emily Fit Basic Mesh Panel Capri Legging, RRP $32. boohoo.com
- Adidas Gazelle sneaker, RRP $130. Shop at theiconic.com.au
- Lara Fit Sweat Squad Slogan Running Vest, RRP $20.boohoo.com
For a laidback off-duty look pair your favourite logo tee with relaxed denim and casual tennis shoes.
Mix and match
Take active wear from the gym to the weekend by mixing with your regular wardrobe. Add a denim jacket or a pair of casual drop crotch pants for the ultimate ‘casual-cool’ look. Wear a longer t-shirt or tie a denim shirt around your waist when wearing leggings to disguise any lumps or bumps.
- Superga, 2750 Cotu Classic, Taupe, RRP $89.95. theiconic.com.au
- Black Logo Roll Sleeve Tee, RRP $99. camillaandmarc.com
- Edwina Pocket Detail Backpack, RRP $49.95. sportsgirl.com.au
- Nude Lucy, Havana Slouchy Jean, RRP $89.95. theiconic.com.au