April 1, 2019
Top travel trips from Jo Hall
Nine News Regional Victoria Presenter, Jo Hall shares her top travel trips from Victoria. She presents alongside Nine News Regional Queensland presenters Samantha Heathwood and Paul Taylor to bring the news that matters most to regional communities.
Victoria’s most distinguished female television presenters, Jo Hall, shares with Profile her favourite travel tips the next time you decide to head south.
- St Kilda should be at the top of your list on a trip to Melbourne. It has everything from the beach, amazing restaurants and bars, to a trendy shopping precinct. My perfect Sunday afternoon is enjoying the sunset at one of the beachfront restaurants such as Captain Baxter or Pontoon after wandering the Esplanade market.
- The Osborne is the perfect place to unwind with family and friends. Whether you’re after a meal or drinks with your girlfriends, there are a number of intimate spaces – from the cozy Lounge Bar to the restaurant. In the Summer my favourite spot to enjoy a cocktail is on the beautiful rooftop that overlooks Melbourne’s South Yarra.
- I love a good film so I am lucky to have Lido Cinema just around the corner. The Lido is a very old building, it used to be a dance hall, and recently underwent a refurbishment adding modern touches to its original features. With limited seats in each cinema, it makes you feel like you are lazing in your own lounge room. They also have a rooftop cinema which in summer is so lovely – champagne and movie under the stars.
- Camberwell Market is very popular among locals and visitors alike, and for good reason! It’s always fun to stroll through the stalls and find a vintage treasure. I have found some of my favourite pieces here – nothing is more satisfying than getting compliments on a bargain.
- If you are up for a road trip, my recommendation is Gippsland’s town of Yarram. I often visit my sister’s quaint cottage, it is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city. Only ten minutes’ drive from Yarram you can enjoy a picnic or fresh fish and chips at Port Albert, one of Victoria’s oldest sea ports. And the beautiful wilderness of Wilson’s Promontory is not far away either.