GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING CONTENT
We are very happy to consider content submitted to us for inclusion in the magazine. All content will be reviewed and if we love it, we’ll let you know and publish at our earliest convenience.
Below we have some guidelines to assist you in getting your informative and inspiring articles onto our pages!
- Written articles should be minimum 450 words and max 1000 words in length (no exceptions)
- TV Shows and Radio Shows should be no more than 20 mins in duration – keep it short and sweet!
- Please send video and audio files via email or weblink (we will create a promotional graphic so ensure you include the title and hosts names)
- Send us your name and business name for inclusion (no links will be published unless you have upgraded to our paid GUEST EDITOR offering – contact us at editorial @ profilemag.com.au for more details)
- Ensure you include a 100 word bio in written in the third person.
- Please include a PROFESSIONAL headshot (again, only guaranteed in GUEST EDITOR package)
- Please note that once your article has been submitted there are no corrections (so make sure it is all correct before you send!)
- The editor has the right to sub-edit content for spelling, grammar and readability.
To be considered for inclusion in the next issue all content must be received by the 15th of each month. We do however reserve the right to use content at our discretion either in an upcoming issue of our choice or in our daily publishing.
WHERE DO I SEND MY ARTICLE?
Please fill out the form below for articles. Any story ideas can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What style should my content be?
We say, remember that reading PROFILE Magazine should be a positive, uplifting experience for readers. We want them to come away feeling inspired to live their best life. The content should also be positive, full of takeaway tips and be fresh.
Who are the target audience?
Our readers are savvy females, aged (in particular) 30 – 50 years, often own their own business, many are mothers and most of all they desire to live their best life. They are looking for enrichment, mind and body nourishment, information, relaxation and inspiration.
How can I write for best SEO?
Where possible, have an engaging title that tells exactly what your article is about and reflect back those words throughout your content. Think about what it is our female readers would be searching for on the internet. To ensure your content is picked up by SEO, we may amend your title and edit your article a little. ‘How to …’ or ‘Top tips …’ ‘The best…’ are great starting points.
How should I construct my article?
Your content is best written in short, to the point sections and where possible, your ‘top 5 tips’ (as an example). Our readers are on the go and want great content in small, delectable bite-sized chunks.
Can I promote an offer or my services in the content?
The short answer is no. The long answer is that your content is designed to showcase you as an expert in your field, it is where you engage with our readers and build trust, we include your name and business name so that readers can search for you online if they wish to know more.
I can’t see my article on the Home Page. Where will I find it?
You will always find your article by searching the sidebar CATEGORIES or the top menu – simply look for your relevant category (e.g. Grace) and you will find your article in that section.
Am I able to supply a featured image to go with the content?
Absolutely but you must own and/or have permission/copyright to use any image you supply. However there is no guarantee we will use it as we want your content to reflect the look and feel of the site. The more your content looks part of our brand and site the better for you!
LASTLY, SHARE YOUR ARTICLE!
We encourage you to follow us on socials and sign up for our weekly eMAG so that you can further promote your article to your fans!
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE
Don’t forget to send through any additional files to EDITORIAL@OLD.PROFILEMAG.COM.AU