April 3, 2017
Get your Mix fix
Catering to all ages with a mix of fun local personalities, community involvement and the greatest hits from the past 50 years, it’s no wonder 92.7 Mix FM is the most listened to radio station on the Sunshine Coast.
Catchy tunes you can’t help but sing along to, an impressive community presence, and a team of outgoing announcers whose personalities and voices are so familiar, it’s like listening to an old friend; this is the formula behind the success of the Sunshine Coast’s favourite radio station.
Playing all the greatest hits from the 1970s, ‘80s, ‘90, naughties and now, 92.7 Mix FM is passionate about music and ensuring they have tunes to suit everyone’s musical tastes. And it’s clearly paid off, with Mix holding the title of number one station on the Sunshine Coast in the 10-plus, 25-54 and 40-plus age demographics.
But it’s more than just their fantastic taste in music that draws their 92,599 weekly listeners to tune in – it’s the great local people behind their daily shows, and the strong community spirit that is at the heart of everything they do.
Home to the Sunshine Coast’s longest running breakfast show, announcers Mark Darin and Caroline Hutchinson have become household names after more than a decade on air, and have built a loyal following among listeners during their 5am-9am time slot. Their incredible involvement in the community, particularly their work raising funds and awareness for the annual Give Me 5 For Kids appeal, in which they have raised millions of dollars in aid of sick children over the years, has had a massive impact on the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of locals, whether it be by helping them or inspiring them. Who knew that two voices could be so influential?
Mark and Caroline’s afternoon drive counterparts, Todd and Sami, are also much-loved members of the community and have become immensely popular with listeners, since joining the Mix FM family in 2014. Offering a fun and upbeat end to the work day, this dynamic duo often draws the largest listener numbers with their hilarious antics.
Morning, afternoon and night announcers, Lyndon and Tim, round out the line-up of 92.7 Mix FM announcers, forming what is the Sunshine Coast’s only entirely local broadcast line-up, before Christian Argenti ends the day with the Greatest Years in Music.
With friendly local voices offering their perspectives on local matters, 92.7 Mix FM really is everything Sunshine Coast, so whether you’re looking for a radio station that you can relate to as a listener, or you’re a business looking for effective advertising that will reach your target audience, make the switch to 92.7 Mix FM.
Who’s listening to 92.7 Mix FM?
• 92,599 people tune in weekly (that’s 31% of the Coast!).
• 44,115 or 48% of those listeners are men and 48,502 or 52% of those listeners are women.
• 19.2% of people aged 10-plus on the Sunshine Coast listen to Mix FM most. Of this demographic, 20% tune in for breakfast, 17.7% for mornings, 20.5% for afternoons and 23.3% listen in the workplace.
• 25.5% of people aged 25-54 on the Sunshine Coast listen to Mix FM most. Of this demographic, 26.2% listen to breakfast, 23.5% tune in for mornings, 25.4% for afternoons and 27.2% for the drive home.
• 21.8% of people aged 40+ on the Sunshine Coast listen to Mix FM most. Of this demographic, 22.6% listen to breakfast, 19.3% tune in for mornings, 22.7% for afternoons and 26.3% for the drive home.
*These statistics are according to Xtra Research Sunshine Coast Survey 1 2015
Get with the program
• Mark and Caroline for breakfast, 5am-9am weekdays
• Lyndon, 9am-12pm weekdays
• Tim, 12pm-3pm weekdays
• Todd and Sami, 3pm-7pm weekdays
• Greatest Years in Music with Christian Argenti, 7pm-10pm weekdays