Pollo Gorgonzola con Risotto Bianco e Funghi
(Gorgonzola Chicken with White Risotto and Mushrooms)
• 4 chicken breast – kiev cut with skin on
• 50g gorgonzola picante cheese
• 1 bunch thyme
• 1 bunch sage
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 onion
• ½ bunch parsley
• 1L chicken stock
• 3 bay leaves
• 150g butter
• 1 cup Arborio or carnaroli rice
• 1 punnet enoki mushrooms
• ½ tbsp dry marjoram
• 2 bunches broccolini
• 500ml thickened cream
• 150ml white wine
• 50g shredded grana padano parmesan
• 1 bottle extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop up the fresh thyme, sage and garlic, onion and parsley.
2. Marinate the chicken breasts with some of the olive oil, salt, pepper, and half the amount of the chopped herbs and garlic.
3. Preheat the oven to 150ºC. Seal the chicken breast off in a hot pan, then place in the oven on baking paper to finish cooking through for 10-15 minutes. In this time, make the risotto and gorgonzola crème. In a saucepan, boil all of the chicken stock and bay leaves together.
4. Then get a thick-based pan for the risotto. Sauté the onion, the rest of the sage and thyme, the marjoram and the garlic in half of the butter, then add the rice. Once the rice is translucent, deglaze with the white wine and slowly add the boiling stock to the rice and lower the heat.
5. Once the risotto is cooked (not crunchy), add the rest of the butter, the enoki mushrooms, half the parsley and the grated parmesan. Season to taste.
6. To make the gorgonzola cream, combine all of the créme with 250ml of the hot chicken stock and bring to a slow simmer.
7. Add the gorgonzola to the simmering cream and stock. Mix to dissolve, reducing the sauce slowly until thickened. Season to taste. Blanch the broccolini for about a minute in boiling hot water. By this time the chicken will be ready to serve out of the oven. Check your meat with a thermometer or make a small cut if you are unsure whether it is cooked.
8. Plate the risotto in the middle of the plate and add the steamed broccolini, then the chicken breast.
Then smother with the reduced gorgonzola cream and garnish with the rest of the parsley.