Profile Property Wrap: Lutwyche
With the metropolitan expanse of Brisbane right on our doorstep, many Sunshine Coast locals regularly venture south to dip a toe in the city lifestyle. For those looking at a permanent switch or expanding a property portfolio, here’s a look at one of Brisbane’s most tranquil suburban finds.
Set the GPS en route to a destination just 8km north of the Brisbane CBD – while the familiar M1 delivers you straight to the bustling city, the slight detour to Lutwyche on the approach to the northside is a must for those in the property hunt.
This inner northern suburb is a fast growing urban hub, and for those in the know, there’s idyllic living on offer at Edgebrook Apartments. It’s the peace and quiet of suburban living with the nightlife and inner city buzz a stone’s throw away.
Here’s what you need to know:
And comfortable! The apartments feature three bedrooms and two-car parking, ideal for professionals or the modern family, while being close to the city, major retail and entertainment precincts, public transport and some of the best health facilities in Queensland.
This boutique complex of only 29 apartments is situated on an abundant space of parkland, with a brook tracing through. What city smog?
It’s family friendly.
Lifestyle and fitness also go hand-in-hand with the way of life in Edgebrook. The complex has direct access to over 40km of a bike and walking path loop – invest in some good bikes for the kids and you’re off! And, the nearby Lutwyche City shopping centre has 48 speciality stores, Coles and Aldi.
It’s popular with tenants.
The area is attracting young adults seeking to rent close to amenities and employment opportunities in the health, retail and government department sectors.
As Kedron Brook meanders through Lutwyche, and with the proximity of the neighbouring suburbs, almost everything you need from education, to parks and amenities and main arterials, including the Airport Link tunnel and motorway, are just minutes away, while shopping addicts will love that Westfield Chermside (Queensland’s largest shopping centre!) is just 4km north.
- 6km to Brisbane CBD.
- 100m to a major bus exchange.
- 200m to shopping centre.
- 3km to the Royal Brisbane Hospital.
hotspotting.com.au director Terry Ryder provides some fast facts.
- It’s a popular area for tenants, with 59% of Lutwyche households paying rent, compared to the Brisbane city average of 30% renters.
- Hospitals, retail facilities, government departments and schools within a 5km radius of Lutwyche play a large role in providing employment. The list includes the 929-bed Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital, a major office of the Australian Taxation Office and administration offices of Queensland Ambulance Services.
- The median of $710,000 is significantly higher than the Brisbane city median of $575,000.