The gourmet edit
Nutty choc chip cookies
Recipe from Mama’s Mini Foodies
• 2 cups almond meal
• 1/2 cup coconut meal
• 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminium free)
• 1/2 cup coconut oil (hard, not melted)
• 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar
• 2 free range organic eggs
• 1 cup of dairy free dark choc chips
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Beat together coconut oil and sugar. Slowly add the coconut meal, almond meal and baking powder until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and then softly fold into the mixture. Finally, fold in the choc chips.
Roll medium-sized balls in your hands (this is the job for the kiddies) and press down lightly with a fork on your baking tray.
Bake cookies for 20 minutes (or until light brown).
Makes 15 to 20 cookies.
Did you know?
Red fruit and vegetables contain Vitamin C, which can support
• Absorption of iron from food
• Healthy blood vessels
• Cell protection from free radical damage
• Healthy neurological and psychological function
• Healthy growth and development in children
• Healthy bones and joints
• Healthy teeth and gums
• Healthy skin
• Normal energy metabolism
• Immune system function
• Reduction in tiredness and fatigue